Saturday, April 30, 2011

The adventure continues...

Hey all

According to the course checklist, today's job was to clean out my inbox. I understand that unwanted and unnecessary emails are as dangerous as having a badly kept vehicle or wardrobe.

Well, I didn't do it. I hate conformity! I refuse to follow instructions! :P Lol, just kidding!

Jokes apart, I've always had the habit of labelling all my emails. My primary email service is Gmail and the labelling tool has always been handy. I never delete mails, just label them and push them aside. My other email is my office id, known only to my colleagues, so I receive only relevant work mail on that inbox

So that put me in a conundrum. I felt like cleaning something out today, but my inbox was clean. I couldn't skip to tomorrow's task of cleaning out my office desk, by virtue of not possessing one. I spend most of my time out on the field anyway, and as an intern, I do not seem to merit my own desk (just kidding, we have limited office space. But now I'll have to think of something else to do tomorrow as well).

So I decided to clean up my room in general. Boy, there were some interesting things in there too! A step ladder (???), a bag full of shirt-wrapping (don't ask), 4 clutches intended to be gifted to my girlfriend (I'm in trouble), 3 broken Zippos that belong to my friends (I'm in bigger trouble, they were in perfect condition when they got there), my mom's moisturiser (eww!), my sister's (UGH! Barf! Faint!) Justin Bieber CD, and a t-shirt which said (pardon the swear word) "I take it back, unfuck you", which I sincerely hope my mum never finds.

Several small packets of Oregano and chilli flakes on my table (I'm a seasoned veteran), 4 white cricket balls (one of them signed by Rahul Dravid :D), a small book of tennis players' autographs (including Rafael Nadal!!!!) and my dad's old golf jumper from the compartments under my bed.

PHEW! I cannot BELIEVE that my life was so cluttered up! For anyone else who is still resisting the whole de-cluttering experience, believe me, it helps LOADS. And it's fun. Look at the paraphernalia that I manage to fish out, every time I clean something up!

Oh, by the way, my mom has been banned from bringing anything cosmetic into the room, my dad is permitted entry only if he promises to leave more interesting sporting goods behind and my sister has been banned from it altogether

Cheers

Akshay

PS:
Anyone watch the Barcelona-Real Madrid game?

(Game? That's the bloody joke!)

No comments:

Post a Comment