Friday, April 29, 2011

The car joins in...

I seem to have given my dad a shock. He still can't believe that I cleaned out the car, without having to be told to.

I went through the old automobile, and boy did I find some trash in there! Old chewing gum wrappers on the dashboard, petrol bills in the ashtray (lol), photocopies of college notes (Jesus Christ, I left college 3 years back!) in the door compartment, and something like 20 empty cigarette packets in the glove compartment, 45 golf balls rolling around the car (profit made!), and a bunch of empty cans of deodorants on the back seat (this list is meant to be illustrative and not exhaustive. For a complete inventory of all the junk I had in my car, kindly contact my neighbourhood garbage man).

The trunk came next. Don't even ask what was in there! Suffice to say it was a while before I could locate my spare radial under the mess of junk (fan belts, tow cables, cans of coolant and a few broken golf clubs to name some).

I like describing this, as it seems like I've decluttered all over again. It's like a poison being drawn from a wound, and makes me feel good about it (also you get to know how hard it really was).

I've called in my mechanics to sort out what looks like a nest of rats under the bonnet and the auto electrician is coming over tomorrow to fine tune the machine and make sure my airconditioner works. Since I have so much space in my trunk now, I'm thinking of putting in a subwoofer to complement my (brilliant) music system.

Car wash scheduled for tomorrow, interiors happening early morning! Clean as a whistle, and though it won't stay that way, it's a start!

Cheers

Akshay

PS:
My dad: So you cleaned out the Millennium Falcon?
Me: Yeah. That's right.
Dad: What for? You plan to sell it?

DAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment