Thursday, April 28, 2011

Decluttering continues...

Hey all

Went through my fridge with a fine tooth comb today. And guess what, my mom had already done the job for me, she's thoroughly cleaned out the food box. There was barely anything for me to clean up, so I spent my time stacking the beer cans in order of expiry date :P Those, by rights, do not belong in the fridge, but in my stomach.

So I compensated by sorting out my work on my laptop. And it was quite a mess! I spent an hour creating folders, subfolders and sub-subfolders to sort out the mess of sensitive audit evidence I was carrying on my system, and then another hour copying the files to the right folders. Phew! I must have set a record for the use of Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

I now have a NEAT (neater than my wardrobe even after it was cleaned, at any rate) "My Documents" folder, and I can retrieve the files any time they're asked for. And what's more, I received an email this evening that one of my completed engagements is up for a quality review! Talk about a stitch in time, those are painful, 3 day processes where we take our sleeping bags to the office (no kidding) and open and explain each and every one of the work papers we've prepared.

My first true experience of inspired action, I guess! I just felt it would be nice to declutter my system a bit, and whoa!, it pays off big time!

Thank you LOA, and thank you AIM.

Cheers

Akshay

PS: Damn, I almost forgot!

My mom catches me sorting out the beer and says, "My dear alcoholic son, give it a rest! And I really don't understand how you enjoy drinking something that causes you to think you're the world's greatest air-guitaring-heabanger. Bah, kids these days!".

Aw, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment